PUBLICATION OF BILL IN SUPPLEMENT
IT is notified for general information that the following Bill is published in the Supplement to this Gazette:
Bill No. 252 entitled the Criminal Code (Amendment No. 8) Act, 2021.
3rd December, 2021
APPOINTMENT OF ACTING PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF THE FOUNDATION FOR SOCIAL WELFARE SERVICES
It is notified for general information that the Prime Minister has approved the appointment of Mr George Borg as Acting President of the Board of the Foundation for Social Welfare Services.
This appointment shall remain valid until 25th April, 2022, or until a new President is appointed, whichever date comes first.
Ministry for Justice and Governance
Appointment of the Asset Recovery Bureau Board
It is hereby notified for general information that in terms of article 7 of the Proceeds of Crime Act (Cap. 621), the Minister for Justice and Governance has appointed Ms Eunice Fiorini as the representative of the Courts Services Agency, replacing Mr Frank Mercieca, as from 23rd November, 2021.
WARRANT BY THE MINISTER FOR JUSTICE and Governance
IT is notified that in exercise of such powers as provided by Article (3) of the Commissioners for Oaths Ordinance (Cap. 79) the Minister for Justice and Governance appointed as Commissioners for Oaths, in the performance of their duties and for as long as they remain in such office, the undermentioned:
Persons who perform functions relating to the foreign service of the Government outside Malta
Gauci, Mr Reuben – High Commissioner of the Republic of Malta to India in New Delhi
Pace, Dr Martina
Edward Zammit Lewis
Minister for Justice and Governance
Development Planning Act (Cap. 552)
Planning Board of the Planning Authority
IN terms of Article 63(1) of the Development Planning Act, the Minister for the Environment, Climate Change and Planning approved the appointment of Ms Sharon Mifsud and Mr Bryan Degabriele to serve on the Planning Board of the Planning Authority in lieu of Mr Omar Vella and Mr Gilmour Camilleri. These appointments are effective from the 1st December, 2021, for a period of three (3) years.
NOTARIAL PROFESSION AND NOTARIAL ARCHIVES ACT (CAP. 55)
Appointment of Notary Delegate/Keeper
It is hereby notified that in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 20 of the Notarial Profession and Notarial Archives Act, the Court of Revision of Notarial Acts has appointed Notary Dr Maria Spiteri to be notary delegate and keeper of the Acts for Notary Dr Jessica Bugeja, for the period between the 13th December, 2021 and the 31st December, 2021.
Today, 1st December, 2021
Dr Maria Ruth Ciantar, Dip. Laws of Proc. (Melit.), LLB (Hons) (Melit.), M. Adv. (Melit.)
Deputy Registrar, Court of Revision of Notarial Acts
Lands Reg Malta Gaz 3.12.pdf
CONDOMINIUM ACT (CAP. 398)
Notice is hereby given that I have received an application for the registration of and/or amendment to rules regulating the following condominia:
Dr Claude Sapiano, LLD
PLANT QUARANTINE ACT, 2001 (Cap. 433)
Contingency Measures Laid Down on the Areas Rabat and Mdina for the Control of Citrus
Tristeza Virus (CTV)
With reference to Part V (Containment and Eradication of Plant Pests), Article 20 (1) of the Act, the Plant Protection Directorate within the Ministry for Agriculture, Fisheries, Food, and Animal Rights notifies that:
1. The areas of Rabat and Mdina are being put under contingency measures due to several citrus trees confirmed infected with Citrus Tristeza Virus (CTV). This destructive virus is a threat to the citrus of the Maltese Islands. The areas of Rabat, include only the following streets mentioned below:
Triq Nikola Saura
Triq Santu Wistin/Vjal Santu Wistin
Triq San Franġisk
Triq Santa Rita
Sqaq Nru 1, Triq tal-Mużew
Triq San Ġużepp
Triq San Pawl
Triq San Martin
Triq Bir l-Iljun
2. Infected trees are to be marked by an identification tag, made by officials from the Plant Protection Directorate so that the trees are then destroyed.
3. Persons possessing CTV infected trees should be informed in writing by the Plant Protection Directorate when these trees are to be destroyed.
4. The infected trees must be destroyed by their owners on the date given by the Plant Protection Directorate in the presence of Inspectors from the Monitoring and Control unit, by uprooting, cutting them into pieces and burning in a chosen place within the area of cultivation.
5. Any person, entity, authority, or any other legal entity which is responsible for the property where infected trees are situated are obliged to inform the Plant Protection Directorate of any other citrus trees in their possession; inside and outside these areas under contingency.
6. These persons are to periodically apply plant protection products to control aphids on all citrus trees in their possession within the areas under contingency to minimise the risk of spreading the infection. They are obliged to follow guidelines which the Plant Protection Directorate may, from time to time, deem necessary to issue.
7. Plant Protection products used for the control of aphids must be registered for use on citrus in the Maltese Islands, as per the list of Plant Protection products in Malta, issued by the Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority.
8. Persons in possession of infected trees must ensure that produce harvested from these trees are circulated with no leaves and peduncles.
9. The Plant Protection Directorate shall survey the areas under contingency measures for a period of up to 3 years to ascertain that no more infected trees are present.
10. The Director may issue additional and stricter guidelines, as may be required, and which are conducive to preventing the spread of this virus.
INCOME TAX MANAGEMENT ACT (CAP. 372); and VALUE ADDED TAX ACT (CAP. 406)
Notice in Terms of Article 29 of the Income Tax Management Act, Cap. 372; and Article 73(2)
Value Added Tax Act, Cap. 406
In terms of the proviso to article 29(1) of the Income Tax Management Act and/or article 73(2) of the Value Added Tax Act, the Commissioner for Revenue hereby notifies the persons/companies listed hereunder to call at the Compliance and Investigations Directorate, Office of the Commissioner for Revenue, Centre Point Building, Triq Ta' Paris, Birkirkara BKR 4633, within thirty days of this notice to collect the notices made on such persons/companies.
INCOME TAX MANAGEMENT ACT (CAP. 372)
Notice in terms of Article 29
In terms of the proviso to article 29(1) of the Income Tax Management Act, the Commissioner for Revenue hereby notifies the companies listed hereunder by a notice that has been issued by the Office of the Commissioner for Revenue. Thus, it is in their own interest to call at the Collection Section at Block 5, Office of the Commissioner for Revenue, Floriana, within five days of this notice to collect the mentioned notices.
In terms of the proviso to article 29(1) of the Income Tax Management Act, the Commissioner for Revenue hereby notifies the persons listed hereunder by a notice that has been issued by the Office of the Commissioner for Revenue. Thus, it is in their own interest to call at the Collection Section at Block 5, Office of the Commissioner for Revenue, Floriana, within five days of this notice to collect the mentioned notices.
GOLDSMITHS AND SILVERSMITHS ACT (CAP. 46)
The Director General Standards and Metrology Institute notifies that, on the date shown hereunder, the price of gold and silver on which valuations made by the Consul for Goldsmiths and Silversmiths are based has been fixed for the purposes of article 14 of the said Act as follows:
Date Pure Gold Pure Silver
3.12.2021 €50.381 €0.636