English Language Teaching Council (ELTC)
1. The Director of Examinations and the English Language Teaching Council (ELTC) notify candidates who are interested to sit for the Test for English Language Teachers (TELT), that applications will be received from Monday 1st March 2021 to Thursday 18th March, 2021.
Only online applications will be accepted.
2. Applicants who do not have an eID need to contact the Examinations Department on 2598 2967/2989.
3. The examination will consist of a Written Session, which will be held on Saturday, 17th April, 2021.
4. Applicants are to apply online via link: (https://myexams.gov.mt/applications/). Candidates who do not have access to the eID are to contact the Examinations Department as indicated in the first paragraph.
5. All those sitting for April 2021 TELT session will need to apply for SEPTT (oral test). More details regarding this test are available on the ELT Council website (eltcouncil.gov.mt)
6. Other details related to the call for applications may be obtained from the Examinations Department, Malta, telephone numbers (+356) 2598 2967/2989, email address (firstname.lastname@example.org); or from the Examinations Centre, Gozo, telephone numbers (+356) 2598 2960/1; or from the website (https://myexams.gov.mt/).
7. The fees normally applicable will be waived in 2021; thus applications for this exam will be free of charge.
This notice supersedes the one published in Government Gazette of 19th February, 2021.
26th February, 2021
PLANT PROTECTION DIRECTORATE
It is notified that as from Monday, 1st March, 2021, all imports of used (second hand) agricultural machinery imported from third countries, including the United Kingdom, will require an inspection (import control) by the Plant Protection Directorate and a phytosanitary certificate containing an additional declaration.
As per Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/2072, used (second hand) agricultural machinery is subject to phytosanitary controls and will require a phytosanitary certificate including an additional deceleration stating that the machinery is cleaned and free from soil and plant debris. If the entity makes such imports, the entity needs to register with the Plant Protection Directorate. These imports will be inspected and subject to import control fees and will need to be entered into the online system TRACES NT by the importer at least 48 hours before the consignment arrives.
In addition to the above, if the entity makes purchase of used (second hand) vehicles from the European Union, the entity is to be registered with the Plant Protection Directorate as per Annex VIII of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/2072.
FGURA LOCAL COUNCIL
Annual Locality Meeting
The Fgura Local Council notifies that all Fgura residents whose names appear in the Local Council electoral register, are invited to attend the Local Council Locality meeting which will take place on Wednesday, 24th March, 2021, at 6.00 p.m., in the Local Council building in Fgura.
During this meeting, the Local Council's work account during the previous year will be given. Afterwards residents will be invited to bring forward their suggestions and complaints.
Suspension of Traffic and Parking
The Fgura Local Council hereby notifies that in terms of Legal Notice 119 of 2002, Triq Anġlu u Marianna Camilleri u Wesgħa Reggie Miller will be closed for transit of vehicles between 7.30 a.m. till 12.30 p.m. on Sunday, 7th March, 2021. In Wesgħa Reggie Miller parking will not be permitted. Vehicles parked can be towed.