Department of Examinations
Authorisation Examination for the Application of Authorisation of a Service Provider for Electrical Installations as per Legal Notice 225 of 2010 – February 2023
1. The Director of Examinations and the Board of Local Public Examinations notify that the examinations for Electrical Theory and Electrical Installation Technology will be held between Monday, 6th February, 2023 and Thursday, 9th February, 2023, to enable successful candidates to apply to the Regulator for Energy and Water Services (REWS) for the issue of Authorisations 'A' and 'B' as stipulated in the Regulator for Energy and Water Services Act (Cap. 545) and Legal Notice 225 of 2010.
2. The Director of Examinations and the Board of Local Public Examinations also notify that the Practical examination and Interview in connection with the Authorisation of a service provider for electrical installations 'A' and 'B' will be held between Thursday, 13th April, 2023 and Friday, 28th April, 2023.
3. Candidates are notified that this session will be the first one with the new syllabus. A copy of the syllabus of the examination may be obtained from the website of the Department of Examinations (https://myexams.gov.mt/).
4. The examination will be held in two sections as follows:
(a) Authorisation 'A' Examination – Single Phase
Paper I (Written)
Time allowed: 2 hours
Marks: 100% (Max.), 40% (Min.)
Paper II (Written)
Time allowed: 3 hours
Marks: 100% (Max.), 60% (Min.)
Practical Test and Interview
Time allowed: 45 mins
Practical test: Mark (Max. 70%)
Interview: Mark (Max. 30%)
Global marks: (Max. 100% – Min. 50%)
(b) Authorisation 'B' Examination – Three Phase
5. To be able to apply for Authorisation 'A' or for Authorisation 'B', candidates must obtain a pass mark in both Paper I and Paper II. They will also be required to sit for the Practical Test and Interview and obtain a Pass in order to be successful.
6. Applicants who have qualified in the written papers but failed in the Practical/Interview Test do not need to sit for the written papers again as long as the Practical test and Interview is taken within a period not exceeding 2 years from the Written Test.
7. Candidates can apply online by logging in on (https://myexams.gov.mt/applications/) between Monday, 21st November, 2022 and Friday, 2nd December, 2022.
8. Late applications will not be considered.
9. The Board of Local Public Examinations shall have the power to deal summarily with any candidate who while the examination is in progress, is found to be guilty of misconduct or of any breach of the instructions issued for the guidance of candidates.
10. The Board of Local Public Examinations reserves the right to annul the examination if any irregularity is detected. Such annulment may be in respect of the whole examination even if the detected irregularity is in respect of only one paper or a particular stage of the examination.
11th November, 2022
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT (CAP. 363)
By virtue of regulation 90 of the Third Schedule of the Local Government Act (Cap. 363), the Electoral Commissioners hereby notify that the candidate nominated in accordance with the provisions of regulation 89 of the aforesaid schedule for the casual election of a Councillor for the Locality of San Ġiljan is the following that is:
The Electoral Commissioners further notify that they will proceed to examine the ballot papers of Mr Albert Buttigieg for the Locality of San Ġiljan, in accordance with the provisions of regulation 91 of the Third Schedule of the Local Government Act (Cap. 363), on Monday, 14th November, 2022 from 9.00 a.m. at the Counting Hall Complex, In-Naxxar.
Chief Electoral Commissioner
Office of the Electoral Commission,
Ex-Trade Fair Grounds,
Notice to Owners of Vehicles Removed from the Road
In accordance with the Clamping and Removal of Motor Vehicles and Encumbering Objects Regulations SL.65.13, Transport Malta is hereby publishing a list of vehicles that were removed from the road for being in breach of the Motor Vehicles Registration and Licensing Act (Cap. 368) and the Registration and Licensing of Motor Vehicles Regulations S.L. 368.02 and which have not been retrieved by their lawful owners.
The list includes a description of the removed motor vehicle. The vehicles are currently being stored at Transport Malta's compound.
Respective owners are to retrieve their motor vehicle from Transport Malta upon submission of proof of ownership and upon payment of the applicable registration tax, licences, contraventions and other administration fees that may be due.
Vehicles which are not retrieved and for which any applicable registration tax, licences, contraventions and other fees are not paid by Friday, 18th November, 2022, will be auctioned and, if not sold, will be destroyed.
Further information may be obtained by telephone number 2555 5446/70/97 between 7.30 a.m. and noon, or by sending an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Update to the 2018 Basemap
The Planning Authority notifies that it is undertaking an update to the 2018 Basemap. To this extent it will be carrying out surveys by means of drones in the following locality on the respective dates:
Ħ'Attard – 14th November, 2022 till 16th December, 2022.
Any queries should be directed to (email@example.com).
ħal gĦargĦur Local Council
Traffic and Parking Suspension
The Ħal Għargħur Local Council notifies that on Saturday, 12th November, 2022, from 9.30 a.m. till 4.00 p.m., Triq San Nikola will be closed for traffic. Parking of vehicles is not allowed on this day during these times.
RABAT (MALTA) LOCAL COUNCIL
Suspension of Traffic
The Rabat Local Council, notifies that from Monday, 14th November, 2022, Triq il-Kbira shall be closed to traffic due to infrastructural works. Part of Triq San Pawl, between Pjazza tal-Parroċċa and Triq il-Kbira shall be temporary one way in the opposite direction to enable access, until further notice.